Chippenham Soap Box Derby
Sunday 19 May 2019
This is it - the moment you thrill-seekers have been waiting for...Chippenham's 3rd Soap Box Derby is now open for entries!
Hosted by Chippenham’s very own Super Mario, the mad dash will take place on Sunday 19th May from 12-4pm on the High Street, where hand-made, non-power assisted karts will manoeuvre the course past crowds of spectators and businesses complete with obstacles and ramps!
Entry is in advance only. There will be 2 classes: senior class drivers of 14 years+ and junior class of 8-13 years. Each hand-made kart will adhere to certain rules and regulations, comprising of a non-motorised vehicle, which will be launched with a running push start by the team and steered by the team’s driver. Kart inspection is from 10am in the Market Place with races beginning promptly at 12noon.
Chippenham Soap Box Derby is the perfect occasion for the community to come together and a chance for residents, students, businesses, groups and visitors alike to channel their creativity to concoct the wackiest, wildest and most colourful homemade soapbox vehicles.
There are 6 trophies up for grabs:
- Most Eye-Catching Soap Box
- Best Team Effort
- The Wacky Racer
- The Eagle One Trophy for Fastest Soap Box
- Fastest Business Cart
- Greatest Youth Kart
Good luck to all!
Ticket registration closes on Friday 3rd May at midnight.
How To Enter
1) Reserve a ticket on the Eventbrite page for everyone who will be driving. Each driver in a team needs a separate ticket, up to 3 drivers per team.
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a contact telephone number in the email so we can talk to you about the event. We won't ever use your personal details for marketing or any other purpose without your explicit permission.
3) Read the terms and conditions, get some tips on building your kart and (most importantly), fill in and return a registration form. Without submitting a registration form you will not be able to take part.
To register your team and find out about the all-important guidelines visit the Chippenham Connected website: http://www.chippenhamconnected.com/whats-on/chippenham-soap-box-derby.aspx