Chippenham BID is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We collect information about you when you sign up to our fortnightly newsletter. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Chippenham BID will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other companies other than when you have entered a competition sponsored by them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However is a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website uses first party cookies, which allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website. They maintain functionality as you move between pages and help us to improve our site. We also use some widely-used third-party social media plugins as marketing tools, and to provide convenience tools for our visitors, which create cookies.
Links to other websites
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all or your personal information, please email us. We are required to provide you with this information within 30 days and at no cost.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. Continued use of this website will signify that you agree to any such changes as they are made.
How to contact us