Message from the BID Manager
After months of steadying the ship Interim Manager Matthew Powell left Chippenham Connected in March 2017 to pursue his passion at Revive & Thrive, leaving me in charge to deliver changes to Chippenham that will make our beautiful town realise its potential.
Whilst I have no experience of running a Business Improvement District I do have twenty years’ experience running successful international software businesses. Like any leader, I bring to the organisation my own philosophy and it is my hope that this defines Chippenham Connected as we enter a period of change and unbridled opportunity. My belief that as an organisation we need to exhibit the following principles:
- Dynamic: A sense that we are moving forward with a plan
- Transparent: Making information available to all
- Performance: A feel for how we are doing
- Partnering: engaging with all stakeholders – levy payers, partners, suppliers and the public
- Specific: ‘This is what we want to do and this is how much it is going to cost’
- Delivery: task and delivery focused
I am excited about the future of Chippenham Connected and about Chippenham itself, there is a lot of work to do, but as Confucius once said, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” I’m looking forward to never working again!
“Look to the future now. It’s only just begun.”
Noddy Holder, Slade